Enough musings. Ever since I got that cold, I've been slacking. That's why I'm setting goals for myself this week.
This week, I will...
- Run 4 times.
- At least one of these will be a long run, hopefully of 10m. (If I only do 9, I won't lose sleep.) Sunday would be a good day for this, but Sunday is supposed to be brutal weather.
- One will be speedwork, or at least an interval run of some sort. I'm targeting Thursday.
- One will involve hills - probably a hilly route rather than repeats, depending on the speedwork. Tuesday is the day, assuming the long run hasn't been postponed.
- One will be whatever I want it to. Yay, Friday! Or Saturday!
- Go to at least one spinning class. This means either giving up my lazy Tuesday nights or calling ahead to reserve a bike for Thursday night.
- Get more than 6 hours of sleep a night, on average. If I prepare my classes in advance, I can avoid staying up until 2am writing my lectures. I will do this.
When I write it out like that, it doesn't seem so hard. Ultimately these are modest goals. I'm not going to dwell on what hasn't worked for me in the past few weeks, I'm just going to pick up and move on.