It's Friday! Another week has passed! Almost May. How did I spend this week?
- Friday: I had a workout freakout. Run? Long or short? Bike? Spin? WHAT TO DO? I took a spin class and then ran 3m.
- Saturday: I wanted to run Saturday. I really did. But then I stayed up until 6am, unable to sleep. Hours of trying to sleep, reading, cyberstalking old friends and exboyfriends (facebook makes this a lot less satisfying, somehow). My insomnia is back, with a vengeance, and this is not good. If you have any suggestions, please share.
- Sunday: Lincoln Tunnel 5k! New PR!
- Monday: Nada.
- Tuesday: Had an 8-10m long(er) run scheduled. I got to the gym and it was HOT and CROWDED and MISERABLE and I had a terrible HEADACHE so I bailed after 1.5m. I was really upset about it when I got home, but it is what it is.
- Wednesday: Back with the Lululemon Run Club. Two lower laps of Central Park for a total close to 5. It was... hmm... maybe too fast. I think my pace was closer to 9:30 than to 10. Have I mentioned that a nearby GNC sometimes gives us free smoothies afterwards? Yum.
- Thursday: 5.6m on the 'mill.
Total mileage: 18m. It's a priority of mine to get up to 30mpw, and I don't know why exactly I'm struggling with that. A long run would help, as would just getting out there more. Lately I haven't been called to run outside, yet I hate the treadmill. Don't know why that is. Like I'm afraid of getting mugged (or... worse) or something; I just don't want to run outside, despite the lovely running weather.
This weekend, of course, is the Broad Street Run. They capped the race this year for the first time - at 30,000 people. Pretty huge race. But no worries about crowds for yours truly, as I am a liar. Yes, that's right: I'm a liar.
When I signed up for the race, ages and ages ago, May was far away. The race application asked, "When do you expect to finish, for seeding purposes?" My eyes went all dreamy and I read, "When would you like to finish?" I clicked 90 minutes. And then, months later, I got this: