- Saturday: short run, ca. 2m, and then a walk.
- Sunday: 4m race, then another 2.8m in the afternoon because it was so nice out.
- Monday: rest
- Tuesday: short run, 3.1m
- Wednesday: 4.6m with the Lululemon group. They called it "hill repeats" - it didn't really merit the term "hill" for me, but it was a solid effort.
- Thursday: Got my running clothes on, complete with Garmin and HRM. And then bailed on the run. No idea why; just a long day of meetings, dentist appt., office hours, etc., and it was dark before I knew it.
- Friday: 6.4m - mostly downhill course (if I'm being honest).
Not bad. I would say that not much went wrong, truthfully. What was obviously missing from this week was the sort of pushing myself I'd like to be doing now: there was no long run, no speedwork, no true hill workout, no cross training. I'll make that my goal for next week, to incorporate something harder.
I think that I often allow hiccups in my training to derail me more than they should. Prior to my 8-day hiatus, I was more-or-less on track. After it, I feel like I'm starting over fresh - even though it was less than a month ago that I ran a half and felt okay with it.