Now, for my week in running. Back in business. Here we go.
- Friday: rest
- Saturday: 45 minute class at Flywheel
- Sunday: NYPD Memorial Run 5k
- Monday: 3.5m with the Foot Locker/Runner's World 10k training club. More on that later.
- Tuesday: 7am bus to Philly on 4 hours sleep - rest day.
- Wednesday: 3.5m with the Runner's World peeps again. I think I love this program - I averaged a 10 minute mile, flat, today. Only slightly faster than Monday, and it didn't feel hard.
- Thursday: I came home from the library with the worst headache that I've had in years. Like, stabbing pain above one eye. Now, you know the drill: cue whining about not being able to take advil/aspirin because of the blood thinners. Sad not to run, but also I wasn't supposed to be away from my phone as I was on-call at the rape crisis center.
Tomorrow is the Brooklyn Half Marathon. I've been kind of on the DL about this one (down-low, not disabled list). I registered on a lark months ago when I found out that registration was about to close and I thought that $25 for a half was too good of a deal to pass up. Then, the NYRR changed the start time from 8am to 7am, a good idea for the heat but a bad idea for my commute. Suddenly, I went from having to leave my house at 6:30am to 4:43am, thanks to the glories of off-peak travel on the MTA in the era of fierce budget cuts. But a coworker and his wife have offered to host me in their conveniently-located Brooklyn apartment. I'll let you know how it goes.