- Friday: 4.5m recovery run. Slow and easy to recover from crumminess at the race the night before. Awesome - I needed that.
- Saturday: rest from running, technically, although I did wake up embarrassingly hungover, which made my bike class and my ride of about 10m harder than it should be.
- Sunday: 5m Achilles Hope & Possibility race
- Monday: Rest. The Runner's World training program - my M/W workout - was doing cross-training in the peak heat (low 90s today, with crazy humidity). I bailed.
- Tuesday: 5.25m on the treadmill.
- Wednesday: Rest. Blew off the Runner's World group (again) because I was feeling completely drained. Shame; it was the first nice day in a while.
- Thursday: 5.9m. Do you see that? Five point NINE miles. I was so tired, I didn't even have it in me to run to the corner and back to get to 6m. Ah, well.
Total: 20.65m. I don't know what's up with me, but I shouldn't feel this exhausted during a week when I took three rest days. It was blazingly, disturbingly hot for much of the week, and I can never sleep with the air conditioner on. Plus, I'm freaking exhausted from racing. Not from the races themselves - my performance, ahem, shows that I haven't been racing them as strong as I could have. But just from all of the effort involved in getting up early, getting to the start, standing around, etc., all to run 4 or 5m. I need a break from racing, and maybe I'll be better at it once I restart!