- Friday: 3m, barely. No more treadmill for me this season!
- Saturday: 6.5m, interrupted by a children's festival on my running path.
- Sunday: xm total: 2m w/u, 1m race, 2m c/d, and then 4m in the afternoon. (Did you catch that? I totally did a double. My sister's orders.)
- Monday: rest, sweet rest
- Tuesday: rest
- Wednesday: rest. Um, yeah, this is getting old.
- Thursday: 5m on the treadmill waiting for this week's Storm of the Century to fail to materialize... and then I limped home.
I could use the excuse that I'm tapering for Chicago. Yeah. You know, the race that I'm not even racing, that I'm "participating in"? That's totally exactly what I'm doing: a taper. Not slacking on my New York training at all.
It's fascinating to me how some of us beat ourselves up for not running (me), while others take pride in the days that they do run and don't fixate on the days they don't.
However, something very, very, very exciting happened to me last weekend. I. SAW. AN. ELLIPTIGO. IN THE WILD!!!
During my easy run on Saturday, I stopped to take a phone call from my brother (I know, I know, I was totally that guy on the running path). While on the phone, I saw this green bike/scooter flash past me and it caught my eye. Suddenly I started squealing: "It's an elliptigo! An elliptigo!" My brother was freaked out at first, but then I tried to calm down and explain it to him. It's a hard concept to explain. He said, "So, wait. It's like, 'I like using the elliptical, but I have some errands I need to run around town'?" EXACTLY. But somehow better in reality than it is in theory.
I'm racing back-to-back this weekend (well, participating in races, but neither for time): Grete's Great Gallop on Saturday and GOGI on Sunday. I'll be in a skirt and a baseball cap. Probably purple on Saturday and grey skirt on Sunday. Say hi!